Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm looking for some help figuring out Meuller. I went there for the first time two weeks ago with my daughters and was skunked, nothing, not a bite. They were using worms, trying for perch. I was just throwing a spinner bait, trying to get used to my new rod and reel. We went at around noon and tried three spots including the steps. Any help with bait, tackle and presentation would be greatly appreciated. If y'all know of a better spot for the kiddos to catch perch, we live north central, 2222 and MoPac, please let me know. Thank you for your time and assistance.
Be well
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mike,
I can't speak for Mueller as I've never fished there, but you might want to look into Camp Mabry or the Quarries park (both need a fishing pass) to help get your girls on some fish. Another couple options could be Lake Pflugerville (a small roadtrip from you guys but not too bad) or bank fishing from Redbud Isle on Town Lake right below the dam.

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you look on google maps when you see the mueller pond you fished (one with steps) you will also be able to see 2 more ponds in the neigborhood that are also catch and release. With a spinnerbait or even better for those ponds a lipless crankbait (red) will get you plenty of lm bass. The areas with the waterfalls are really good and it is beautiful there so your daughters and you will like it! I take my 5 yr old daughter there and she has a blast!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike,
I can't speak for Mueller as I've never fished there, but you might want to look into Camp Mabry or the Quarries park (both need a fishing pass) to help get your girls on some fish. Another couple options could be Lake Pflugerville (a small roadtrip from you guys but not too bad) or bank fishing from Redbud Isle on Town Lake right below the dam.
Cool! Thanks Jeff! When you say Quarries, you mean HP Quarries correct?
Thanks again, for the response. I'll definitely check out those places mentioned.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you look on google maps when you see the mueller pond you fished (one with steps) you will also be able to see 2 more ponds in the neigborhood that are also catch and release. With a spinnerbait or even better for those ponds a lipless crankbait (red) will get you plenty of lm bass. The areas with the waterfalls are really good and it is beautiful there so your daughters and you will like it! I take my 5 yr old daughter there and she has a blast!
Right on Cuban!! I'll check that out for sure. Thanks for the suggestions. I really appreciate the response.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts