Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the second half of the day to go for a quick Trip to Medina Lake. The lake has dropped approx 3' in the last month or so and the water temps were around 54-55 degrees. I started with a new Lowrider I got from Falcon last week and a 1/4 Finesse jig tipped with a Gambler Flapp Daddy Jr. On my very first cast I caught a 15.5"er and thought to myself.."I guess I'm on to something, or that'll be my last fish of the day..lol". Needless to say I caught fish on the jig all afternoon long and even had my feeling hurt on a good fish that bit and burried me in the buck brush before I cut get her turned. All in all a very good day on a lake I like to venture off from time to time. the best thing is the pressure on this body of water. I did not see another bassboat on the water and only noticed a Nitro trailer at the  ramp.. ;D

Opps..I caught a total of 12-13 bass in about 3.5 hrs all on the jig..Best five around 13lbs..

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Got to love those good short trips. Thanks for the report!

· Registered
604 Posts
Yeah, Medina can be a great getaway for the winter months. Really a greta winter lake like Travis, as you can always find spots protected from the lovely 30 mph winter winds we get here in Tejas.

Glad to hear Medina is doing well. I grew up fishing Medina, and haven't fished there since it was LOOOWWW back in 2006.

Next time out ther, try a chartruese grub--they will hammer anything bright chartruese this time of year.

· Registered
537 Posts
I use to fish the Friday night jackpot on Medina and fished it quite a bit for 2 years in the process. For now until Feb I use to use a firetiger wiggle wart and a few jerk baits. On warmer days I'd use a drop shot and 1/8 oz shaky around the few docks. From Red's going to the dam and across from Red's. DD22 in baby bass is a good one in the Spring and Summer. Lots of dinks though but the spawn is usually pretty good.

One of my favorite smaller lakes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.