Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Medina Lake yesterday about mid afternoon.  I fished all of sawmill cove for about 4 hours.  All I caught was a few dings.  Is there a trick?  I fished everything I had in my boat.  I want to learn this lake as I only live 20 minutes away, but everytime I go it seems as though I strike out.  

Any direction would be helpful.

Thanks,

T

· Registered
604 Posts
I grew up fishing Medina, my Dad even lived on the lake for 3 years .

It can be a good lake for numbers, but it certainly isn't a big fish lake. The fish should be on beds by now (certainly with the full moon), so I would try coves and pocets protected by the north winds. Light line is always a big deal on Medina, and flouro would be an advantage if you have it.

Try a drop shot with a small worm (4 inch roboworm) for numbers. A T-rigger watermelon lizard is always a good bet out there this time of year, and a wacky rigged senko (again watermelon) will catch a bunch of fish as well.

One thing that always works for me is a c-rigged Nichols Creature bait, with a 4-5 ft leader. Laugh if you want, but I will take the Pepsi challenge any day, against somebody fishing with a regular (2-3 ft leader)// always out-caught my buddies 10 to 1 on this technique..

As far as location, I would stick to any bank or points with a stairstep look to it. If its smooth with no dropoffs (or stairsteps as I like to call them) dont waste your time. The fish out there, relate to those small ledges year-round. I won't fish a bank on Medina without a ledge of some sort.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.