Bass Fishing Forum banner

McCain rods

6K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  bassman21 
#1 ·
Hey y'all
I was checking out the UT bass fishing clubs Facebook page. I noticed that they've been recently been sponsored by McCain rods. I went to the McCain rod website at mccainfishing.com. The owner of the company started up All Star rods way back when. Has any on heard of these rods or seen any of these rods. My dad had some old All Star rods that had the made in Houston on them. He said those rids were the best rods he ever owned. Im think if these rods are as good as his All Star rods Im going to have to get some.

#15 ·
I agree I think this post lost track of what I started for. Not sure if the guy was messing with me or what.

So I called the company the other day to try and get some information about these rods. I spoke to some guy named Morgan he seemed kind of grumpy but he knew what he was talking about. Most of the rods are revamped from the old All star rod design if you remember those rods they had the made in Houston, TX stamped on them. I know fisherman who still fish with them to this day and would rather have those rods than any other rod on the market.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.