Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I launched from Jones bros in the jonboat today and fished from the park out to a little past Easy street marina and back. I was throwing a little chartreuse spinnerbait and a 4" power worm and ended up with 16 bass with maybe 6 keepers. They were hanging pretty shallow and most of them were pretty tight to cover. There's alot of shad hanging out in the little pocket at the end of the park.

· Registered
10,698 Posts
Not a bad Travis day! The short worms can be effective there. The lake looks great when full, agreed?! All the flooded brush is killer cover and surface area for foraging... Hope we can retain this water through the summer...

· Registered
64 Posts
I got on the water about 2:00 yesterday (4/18) and went to Devil's Cove. I went all the back and fished my way out. There was a ton of bait fish "balls" out there. I threw flukes with no luck. Threw a Mystic Pop-R and had a couple good bites, but I didn't set the hook correctly, or too early...either way, lost both. Changed to a white/chart spinner and caught 4. One was tiny and made me laugh "this spinner is bigger then you are". The other three were between 14"-16" all released. I was happy because that's the most I've caught in a single day. :)

· Registered
2,271 Posts
10312E540 said:
Nice report. Man it looks like everyone is catching on travis right now...
Ha, I'm not so sure about that. You may want to check the results from the Bass-O-Ree tournament yesterday on Travis. Tough fishing as far as the weights go. There are, however, dozens of short fish to be caught. If you just want to catch little ones, Travis is good right now, but for the most part keepers are few and far between.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.