Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Christy up the mouth of the pedernales about a half mile this morning. Fished bluff walls and rock outcroppings in 10-40 FOW. Overcast and light winds, water temps 64-65. We caught fish everywhere we went and on everything we tied on. Started catching little stuff right away with eightless worms, shakey heads, and drop shot. Decided to try for bigger fish and put on a 1oz jig and started catching 2-3 pound fish. Lost the jig and put on a crank bait and same thing, 2-3 pounders all about 16-17". We probably boated around 20 fish in 5 hours, 4 or 5 of those pushing 3 pounds. Couldn't be a better time to be fishing Travis!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! Did you see any white bass getting caught?

I really wasn't far enough up river for that, and also did not see very many other boats. There are a good number of bluebonnets blooming around the area, I'm sure they are at LEAST on their way upstream right now.

·
Registered
148 Posts
That's cool. I bet they're getting thick now. Thanks Matt
I live on the Perdernales River, I've caught a ton of bass in all sizes. The crappie bite is picking up and the catfish are always good. I haven't caught a single white yet. I'm about 1/2 mile down from the bridge.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
When I cross the Pedernales River on Hwy 71, there is weeds/grass sticking up out of the middle of the river. is it that shallow, or is the brush that tall?
I live up the Colorado Arm and it is really deep .... about 30-50 feet deep.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts