Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out with the wife and my 11 yr old son for what wound up to be our last time fishing of this trip. Heading back home to Beaumont today. We fished under some dock lights with live minnows and brought home an assortment of crappie, blue gill, bass, and even a yellow cat.
Hightlights of the night however were two VERY large bass that both my wife and son hooked and fought but neither landed. When I say large I'm talking 10 lbs. We got very good looks at both fish as we were right up against the light and they each brought them to the surface at least twice. My sons just came off somehow while my wife's broke the line when she got a little too forceful with it. They were hooked within 30 minutes of each other under the same light so I dont know if it was the same fish hooked twice (which I doubt) or two bruisers under the same light. Either way it was a rush.
Thanks again to all the helpful folks that gave free information on how to fish this area.

· Registered
541 Posts
Sounds like fun. I've caught some big bass while crappie fishing with ultrlights and 6lb line. Nothing close to double digits but some good 6-7lbers. There one heck of a fight with that 4 1/2ft rod. I need to go do some night fishing on Travis, wife says the freezers getting low. I usually have my best luck with the slab crappie and whites in the rivers. The docks around mona's hold alot of crappie at night, used to drop my pontoon in and never crank the big motor just troll from dock to dock around mona's and limit out on crappie.

· Registered
2,330 Posts
We're glad you had a good time, talk to you when you come back. Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.