Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished the lower end of Travis today, never got past Devils. I was hoping for a run and gun day with SB and CBs. I only had 3 hours to fish, and the first hour I only had 2 fish on SBs and CBs. I decided to target some bluffs and found fish in about 15-20 feet. Ended the day with 21, mostly LT specials, but did have 6 keepers including a 15.5" Guad. Fished finesse jig and shakey head. Caught 11 in the last hour and left them biting. On another note, my nephew and his family are staying on LBJ this week and I promised to take my boat up there and take him fishing on Wed. I have not fished LBJ in years. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Depth, baits,, any help would be appreciated. They are staying pretty far downlake. Thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Went out two weeks ago on LBJ. Had a strong south wind throughout the day. I focused on wind-blown main and secondary points and pockets of the points. Threw crankbaits and spinnerbait and caught a dozen fish. Five keepers around 10 lbs. Some hard fishing...

If I went back again, I would fish a little slower on the docks on the mid and upper end. I was finding brushpiles off first ledges on the main lake but only fish about an hour since the wind was so strong. Caught one keeper with a DD22 on the ledge/brushpile.

Have fun...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I like to fish the docks this time of year. My favorite baits are jerkbaits flukes (deadsticking) chatterbaits baby brush hogs shaky heads and my absolute favorite is a black and blue jig. Cast your bait as far as you can in the back of the dock and work it out. Had a lot of good trips out there during this time of the year. Good luck!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.