Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit up Travis this afternoon with JD. Caught 25 or 30 fish. Mix between nice sized Guad's and LMB. Caught a few early cranking and then went to the shakey head to nail the majority of our fish today. Fished from around 12:30 pm till dusty dark.

Saw some good schooling activity in the back of Devil's Cove. Little blacks were attacking some bait! 8)

Here's a couple of pics.. Cool coloring on the one fishy Best fish was around 3 pd's. Best 5 might have went 10 pds.

Cheers!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Yeah, the fish were very shy though. Would bite it and spit it right away. Had to be Johnny on the Spot or you missed them. We missed another 15 or so.. GREAT weather though!! Could not have asked for a better afternoon to fish! ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Made it back out for a couple of hours late this evening. Stuck quite a few on the shakey head in 38 feet of water!! :eek: Best 5 would have went 18 pds'.. Prolly the best 5 fish limit I've had on LT. Also the normal Guadfest. ALOT of the LMB I have been catching here lately have spots.

Thanks Swimmy for the fizzing needle!! ;)

Cool pirate bass below! He was just a tad over 4....

·
Registered
799 Posts
Arrrrggghhhh!!!! "Avast me hearty put me back" --Pirate Bass

I'm heading out tomorrow, were you fishing the bluffs in DC?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Didn't even make it into Devil's Cove today. Haven't had much luck back in there the last few trips out. Caught most of my fish on the South shore... Same side as Carlos and Charlies.. I think that's south? Head up towards Lakeway and fish that shore.. You will catch fish. ;)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Thanks for the report Chad and sounds like a fun day - you and Tony definitely always leave a pack of soremouths no matter what lake. I'm finally getting to take an old bud to LT tomorrow that's suffering from almost 2 years of ABFD (acute bass fishing deficiency) and needs lake therapy. Hopefully they'll be on again and by day's end he'll be fully recovered.

38 feet? Guess I need to dig around and find an old fizzing needle and look up Rude's post on fizzing again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.