Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not posted in a long while, but here goes. Got on the water at about 7:15 pm and off the water before 10pm. Went with my partner brian c. Lost count after the first 25 fish. All were caught in 2 to 5 ft. of water including one 6lbs. 2 oz., one 3lbs 1oz, 6 between 2 and 3 lbs, and all the rest up to 2lbs. Probably one of the better 3 hr. fishing trips I have experienced on Travis. I caught the 6-2 at around 9:30pm and it was very dark by then. Unfortunately, I did not have a camera with me nor do I normally bring one as I don't expect to catch anything over 4 lbs. on LT. I do, however, have a phone with a camera and it happened to have a flash. So even though they are not as clear as I would like, I do have pictures. I will post them as soon as I figure out how.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great score on your outing! Agreed, LT "IS GOOD" Launched from Cypress ramp about 4:45 PM, fished the south side mainly due to the 20-25 mph wind gust. From about 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM picked up 3 LMB dinks, 2 LMB / 1-1.5 lbs, 2 LMB / 2.x lbs. (depth 4-8 ft/clear water) with 2-3 misses and of course "the big one that got away" (hate it when that happens), due to my excitement I didn't set the hook properly or rather (okay I admit) I didn't really set the hook at all.

All fish caught on Crank B and many thanks to the person who suggested the Lucky Craft - American Shad.  No pics this time - Will try and remember the camera for future posts.

I have been reading the ABF forum for many months,  but am now official.

·
Registered
870 Posts
drbagz said:
I have not posted in a long while, but here goes.  Got on the water at about 7:15 pm and off the water before 10pm.  Went with my partner brian c.  Lost count after the first 25 fish.  All were caught in 2 to 5 ft. of water including one 6lbs. 2 oz., one 3lbs 1oz, 6 between 2 and 3 lbs, and all the rest up to 2lbs.  Probably one of the better 3 hr. fishing trips I have experienced on Travis.  I caught the 6-2 at around 9:30pm and it was very dark by then. Unfortunately, I did not have a camera with me nor do I normally bring one as I don't expect to catch anything over 4 lbs. on LT.  I do, however,  have a phone with a camera and it happened to have a flash. So even though they are not as clear as I would like, I do have pictures. I will post them as soon as I figure out how.
Sounds like you had a good night for sure.

Do you know the temp of the water and how was the wind last night?

Also, what were you using?

Not asking for you spot, just a little advice.

Going out Saturday, I was planning on using Wacky Head worm, watermelon color.

White spiner bait, colorado blade
Red spinner bait, colorado and willow leaf blade.

Plan on heading out in the am; projected wind speed may be 14.

Any sugestions would be apreciated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.