Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, been fishing Travis in the evenings lately, from the 17th till the 20th, did well every day, but the first day the water temp was around 78 or so degrees, and warmed up to about 84 degrees by wed. Caught a small limit with help from my girl every day, but nothing of any size. Did manage this 20.5in fish on Monday at Sandy Creek on a Sexy shad crank a lil before dark.

Went out to Pace Bend on Wed, and caught fish on SnattleRakes in about 10 to 15 foot of water, got some on wacky senko's off docks, biggest fish all day was 3lbs. and fish all day to get our limit. It wasn't until about an hour before dark is when the fishing really picked up. Found a point at the end of the day, and landed about 30 dinks on topwater poppers, and the same sexy shad crank, we sat on this point for an hour and almost every cast, they would hit like crazy, reminded me of Bastrop schoolies, they where just going nuts on bait right here, and made a kinda slow day into an awesome one.

Oh yea, saw a lot of snakes out by pacebend in coves, sitting on the docks.

All fish where caught on Swimbait, wacky Senko's, and Snattlerakes. Even messed around with the fly rod a little bit and caught some fish on a sinking minnow type fly, (Don't know what it's called) but got it from Chris at Living Waters Fly Shop.

Wind speed was around 5mph every day, and gusted up to 15mph for short periods. Great week for fishing.

· Registered
993 Posts
Good job David. I was out there with my girl today and had two good keeps throw the hook at me and caught several shorties. Travis is a lot better fishery than most give it credit for.

· Registered
2,167 Posts
Thanks for the report. I went out to Paleface on Thursday for some cliff diving and beer drinking and ended up out at Mudd Cove. Caught NOTHING until the sun went down then things turned on! Caught 6 LMB's, largest about 5 lbs. in about an hour after the sun set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.