Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Pace Bend yesterday with some friends and there kiddos to do some tubing and swimming. Put in at tounament point. had no trouble launching the boat.In between some tubing, I fished the docks and rocks staight across from tournament point for about a hour and caught 7 LMB from 1lb to 3.5 lb's,all on shakey head and trophy hunter rattlesnakes.(no camera). Nice fun day on LT. Not much boat traffic and nice beach for the kiddos. :)

· Registered
1,182 Posts
Nice, that's not bad for an hour, I've been dying to get out that way. Guess I'll have to use my dad's truck, That's great fishing. Wonder how you woulda done out there if you fished all day. Sounds like you where on em.

Call you soon Randy,

· Registered
10,698 Posts
Thanks for the report. I graphed tons of fish in that area right across from Tournamnet point this AM too, but didn't have time to fish.

Think about it: the lake has ~40% of its normal volume. Those fish have been evicted from their normal homes thanks to the drought and LCRA's ignoring the drought and continued releases. The fish must be concentrated at least twofold and probably searching and competing for homes (cover). I need to get out there without the ball and chain in the boat and whack some!

· Registered
10,147 Posts
At 42.53% FULL......

The whites and striper, should really be stacked up somewhere!

It will be like fishing in a long...long....long...bath-tub. LOL

One note, fish cliffs or deep banks where the water level does not change too much. If fishing shallow coves, the bigger fish will move out to the mouth of the coves...I saw this early in the year as the water was dropping on LT....

I have not fish LT in over a month. Too hung up on Buchanan for Stripers and Choke for Big Bass. ;)

· Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
405F534043475B41320 said:
Thanks for the report.  I graphed tons of fish in that area right across from Tournamnet point this AM too, but didn't have time to fish.

Think about it: the lake has ~40% of its normal volume.  Those fish have been evicted from their normal homes thanks to the drought and LCRA's ignoring the drought and continued releases.  The fish must be concentrated at least twofold and probably searching and competing for homes (cover).  I need to get out there without the ball and chain in the boat and whack some!
I graphed a ton of fish also,mostly on the north end of that bluff in 30-40 fow. all the fish i caught were tight to the bluffs. :) I fished from 1:00-2:00 pm. My partner and I had 2 doubles on. fun day......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.