· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water Temp = Hot
Wind - very little
Wake boarders - Heavy
Cabin Cruisers - really on a lake!
Time - 1600 to 2100

My first trip on Travis from my lovely tour in Krapistan ended well.  Took out my new Ranger boat (Well, new to me), which runs great in high seas of Wakeboarders and Cabin Cruisers.  Tried to fish main lake points and river bends using spoons but could not find the fish.  Plus, the traffic on the lake was crazy as usual this time of year.

After 2000, I traveled to some of my chosen docks to find some fish.  Caught one 13" on outside edge of a dock in 15' FOW.  Then I move to another dock (one of my favorites) and pull in a 7.1 lb LM.  At first, I couldn't tell what is was and then it jumped.  Holy cow, been a while since I caught a big fish.  I was totally unprepared.  I had no flashlight and my camera is still in Afghanistan in a green box waiting to be shipped home.  All I had is my Blackberry.  The pics look like a sasquatch photo or UFO sighting.  Real blurry... She went about 23".  Caught them on T-rig/ Baby-brush hog.  C.  She was very healthy looking. Caught her around 2100..pretty dark out by then.

It good to be back.  After next weekend, fall fishing is closing in.  This is my favorite time of year on LT.  Can't wait.  It's on..

· Registered
2,226 Posts
Welcome back to the world and thanx for your service.

I was out yesterday morning and had to really fight for a bite. 2 little dinks and off the water by 11. From what I'm seeing, looks like the evening / nite bite is the thing. I guess I'll give it a pop this evening.

Thx for the report

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Welome home and thanks for the report. Nice fish!

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks..it is good to be back. This time of year I usually focus on the docks with lights when fishing the evening bite. I know many of us do. When fishing the lights, u catch all kinds of fish species.

· Registered
2,330 Posts
Thank You, for your serviceto the country!!! Glad you are back home, good fish in anybodies book!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.