Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i went to go fishing and what a screwed up evening it turned into. Got to the boat ramp and launched. I was by myself so i had to tie the boat off to some rocks to keep it from drifting away. Man the wind was crazy. Anyways, parked the truck, in the boat i go, pushed off from shore and what do you know, the outboard wont start. I drift to the other side of the park, thankfully i manage to get in the dock at Jones Brothers Park. I broke the terminal off my starter and had to pull start. Almost yanked my arm out of socket. broke my high back seat falling down and had to call a buddy to come help. The carb had something blocking the fuel delivery system. Got it cleaned out and bam, it starts, yes thank god. Down the water goes. I head to the damn, stop by one of the islands to fish, crap, i left my tackle box in the truck. I fish with what i had, a dd-22 in firetiger, a watermelon seed senko carolina rigged and a craw swirl beast bait. Nothing all day. Head back to Jonestown for tacklebox, outboard starts acting funny and getting real hot. Think the waterpump went out. I troll around some lighted docks, to fish with some minnows that i had, one little panfish, not even a keeper. Trolling motor killed the battery, guess my charger dont work anymore. Anyways, the night sucked, i have a lot of work to do the motor, and i dont even know where to start. Hope everyone else had a better day than i did. I will keep yall informed about my probs with boat.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Man TX... I can't even begin to tell ya how much i feel your pain. I can't tell ya how many times i have been on a boat and it just seems like everything is goin wrong from the start. All i can say is the beer taste a whole lot sweeter once everything is running properly.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I remember my dad forgot the drain plug when I was 16 years old, one time. I remember thinking, I know this doesn't feel right. I opened the back hatch to see water about an inch away from the battery connections. LOL! I hit the pump, cause I was the only one on the boat at the time, I'm glad I noticed when I did, took no time for that water to get all in there. LOL>

And later that day, we hit a huge tree on Granger. In the middle of some cove we where entering, and it felt a lot like a speed bump.

This was right about Christmas time one year. And the water was cold. Not a good day to sink a boat.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I had an older (1975 TideCraft stick steering) boat I bought with my brother in law and we would take it to Lake Granger fishing.  He would always run over stumps with it because he didn't know the lake.  That cracked the transom really bad and we didn't know it was that fast of a leak.  My wife and I stayed at Log Country Cove one weekend with another couple, and I tied the boat to the retaining wall below our cabin.  The next morning I walked out on our porch and looked down and the boat was sitting under water and still tied to the retaining wall.  I had to use some come-alongs and hoist it up out of the water enough to use a sump pump for about 6 hours to pump enough water out of it to pull it with a jet ski across the slew to the boat trailer.  Hauled it to my brother-in-laws place in Taylor and "put it out to pasture"
Thanks God we only paid $750 total for the boat.
Ironically the name on the back of the boat was DINKY.  After that we renamed it SINKY....hahaha

·
Registered
795 Posts
Sounds like the week I had before the OPEN. You wouldn't believe all the stuff I had to fix on the boat I was using for the tournament! The list is even too long to list here, but took about 4 straight days to get everything ironed out. We are talking everything from trailer axles to troll motors to new lower units!

NICE. :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.