Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished from sun up to 12. we put 2 LMB in the boat with several short strikes coming on top water and shakey head. the bait of preference for the day was a brush hog. all fish were caught on rock walls in 20'-30' of water.

BTW, the freakin' sun fish were having a field day with just about everything we threw. i donated a shakey head worm and my buddy gave up a brush hog. it didn't matter where we went it seemed like they followed us, really weird.

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
We caught three solid keeper blacks as well as some huge crappie and whites, but the bite out there has been really tough for me this summer. I havent had a single trip that I really felt good about.

I have a meeting with Reid tomorrow, I will pass along the message.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'll tag onto this posts with today's trip to Travis. Fished in the area of Bee Creek and Rough Hollow from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Fished steep, shady banks, points and underwater point ledges ... using small plastics that normally work on Travis. Also pitched and skipped a Senko in and around boathouses. The only bites came from bluegills and a small catfish. One bass about 6 inches took the small plastic worm. Seems to me the bass have packed up and moved from the shoreline and points, probably to suspend off shore. If anyone finds a way to catch them, I'd definitely like to learn how. Otherwise, guess it will be fall before things pick up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.