Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tough day on Travis. Launched for the dam about 6am started a devils cove were a big perch decided to swim too close to my son's lure.

Not much to report after that. The LT fishing gods did not want to play today. We did stop and get a burger at the pier and saw catfish so thick you could walk on them.

Turned out pretty hot out today. There was little to no wind until after 9am. Water is super clear about 87degs.

·
Registered
531 Posts
To make a long story short, I never thought I'd see the day when I couldn't catch a half dozen of the Lake Travis "specials", but I wasn't able to last Thursday or today (Monday). I've never seen the lake so tough as it is right now. There are a lot of baitfish this year. Maybe they are gorging on these and not taking lures. Anyway, it's a mystery to me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow, thats a ton of catfish! Yeah, I treat LGT and LT the same way. They are both really tough to fish right now. Sticking with Decker, Buchanon, and Bastrop until they get better. It might be a bit more to drive, but at least I get a chance to bring home dinner.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hey Patrick. Awesome pic of the catfish! Travis has been fishing really tough from the last 5 reports. Just like G-town, the fish havent adjusted to the high water levels yet. Hopefully will be a great towater fall bite to come. Brian :cool:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I live just off Travis and have noticed the same thing. If I drop in the trap and fish with live bait I can catch 5-10 lmb without a ton of effort but going back over to plastics and hardbaits I'm lucky to get 1-2 if that. Its been much tougher this summer for sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.