Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit LT with Tim (nitroguy) yesterday. Another excellent time on the water. Overcast skies all day before the big storms hit in the evening. Wind was 10-15 and water temps around 80. Black bass were slow for the most part. We caught 10 on crank bait, fluke and shakey head finesse worms. All were caught on main lake points (crank, fluke) or steep bluffs (shakey head) but no size to them. The cool thing was around 9am we ended up runnng across a nice school of white bass at the mouth of a cove. On the way out some whites surfaced chasing shad. I hooked one immediately on the crank bait. Then using the graph we located the school in about 30 ft of water. We sat on the spot and pulled in around 25 whites with a few throwbacks. Good start to the morning. Went black bass fishing again and picked up a couple more...but the allure of the white bass overcame us and we soon went searching again and found them in 35 - 40 ft. We boated around 45 total. Tim let me keep the catch. Ended up taking home 32 whites and one spotted bass. I gotta hand it to Tim, he always puts us on the fish. Sorry no pics...didn't think about it before I started cleaning fish yesterday.

D

BTW- I will be camping with my boys at Bastrop South Shore Sat-Sun this weekend. Hope to catch a few fish while we're at it.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Don we did have a good time on the water and thanks for the compliment means alot to me......Wished this high pressure would move out and stay gone for awhile though.....Fished today also on travis and blacks were dead just managed a few but the whites still wanted to play brought home another thirty for a few hours of fishing.See ya on the water!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Yeah Don, I would check out the junior tournament. It's the Round Rock Jr. Bass Club. Fished a few on Travis and LBJ with them and they are good tournaments. $20 and it ends at 12PM. They get a boat for the kids and an adult from a bass club (Tonkawa) will drive them around.

Very fun. Maybe look into if your kid is interested. There are some young kids too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.