Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Sandy Creek/Jonestown from 8:30-7:30. Caught 75+ LMB from 1.5-4 lb on soft plastics with very few dinks. Fish seemed really aggressive, had several damn near knock the rod from my hands. Lots of fish guarding beds. Starting to see a few groups of fry that have hatched out. Only caught 5 that looked like they were still carrying eggs.

· Registered
874 Posts
Glad to hear you did so well. We went around Cypress Creek area, and only got one fish.

The water was clear to 10', I beleive due to in experience, we were spoking fish, which is why we didn't do that good.

Was the bite good all day? Have seen reports that after 12 it slows down, and doesn't pick back up until around 3?

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Great report, sounds like you had a great day.

· Registered
724 Posts
I was in CC from 12-3 and I only caught 2 small fish. I saw several beds with fish on them also. I couldn't get any of them to bite even if I stayed back and didn't spook them. I caught the two fish on a wind blown point with a T-rigged lizard. I also had a large female follow a fluke for a while with no bite. I didn't like the clear water at all. I did learn from the time out though.

· Registered
874 Posts
Fishin_Magician said:
I had a slow day in CC as well.  Only managed 2 from 10-1.  Usually do really well there.  The water was amazingly clear.  Congrats on your 75+ day.  That's awesome!
God Bless You!!

I was considering selling my boat and take up under water basket weaving. I couldn't buy a bite.

Sorry you had a bad day too, but it is nice to know someone with experience, on that part of the lake, had trouble as well.

I have to say if it weren't for this web site, I'd probably give up on Travis.

· Registered
874 Posts
Fish-Ninja said:
Gotta keep moving until you find them!!   8)

I was out with some people on a "trip", dude was pretty inexperienced, but we still got around 30 or so.  It was pretty fun.

d

Question for you.  When do you make the decision to move?

CC area, from the mouth that connects to the main part of the lake to the back, to me is a big area to fish.  So when do you cut your losses and move to an entirely different location of the lake?

· Registered
730 Posts
Sounds like a good day out there Tony.

Anybody know if the water is as clear up in Sandy as it is in CC and near the dam? It was so clear near the dam last Thursday I could see the bottom in 20' of water and it was almost impossible to not spook them.

· Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes it's very clear in the Sandy Creek arm as well. I found that if I tried to sight fish I didn't get many bites. Just act as though the water is stained and blind cast like you would under normal conditions, cover the area thoroughly and you'll get bit.

· Registered
125 Posts
I think that part of the lake has seen a few fishermen lately and the water clarity definitely doesn't make it any easier. However, if you're good you'll catch fish. I'm just not that good. Speaking of good, I met Duke out there as I was leaving and he put on a little clinic for my brothers and I, literally showing us which fish he was going to catch and then doing exactly that. Really nice guy and awesome fisherman. Made my day and had my brothers wanting to go back out. We didn't fish to hard as I we spent a lot of time showing the younger bro what to do. We'll be back soon and I'll let y'all know how we do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.