Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 7:30-1 on Friday. Launched at Cypress and picked up several fish on flukes and sammys as we worked our way out of the creek. Fish seemed concentrated on the back side of wind blown secondary points. No good size, a couple fish just at 14 inches. Made the run up to the Arkansas Bend area and fished a few secondary points with the same success on flukes and sammys...once again, no good size. As we were taking a break, saw a feeding frenzy start about 50 yards away. Got on the trolling motor and caught 12 inch whites on consecutive casts with a staysee. Pretty cool to see them exploding on the surface like that. Boated around 30 fish and probably missed as many. They were really short striking the flukes...or we just suck haha. Did catch a limit, but it would have gone for probably 7lbs.

Water temps ranged in low to mid 70's, winds were gusting up to 20 mph. Saw TONS of baitfish, including a ball of shad that was the size of a swimming pool. Did see some better fish in the back of one creek, didn't seam to be bedding, just hanging to some of the submerged brush. LT is a whole different animal now, and I like it. Hopefully the size picks up soon, Tuesday and Friday were both dinkfests.

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was backseating, my buddy takes me out about twice a week.  We would go out more, but he is a nulcear engineering PHD student at UT so fishing time is limited haha.  

We hit LT again last night.  Didn't get on the water until sunset.  Boated a 3 pounder on a weightless fluke right before dark and then hit lights around Arkansas Bend.  Boated about 20 keeper whites and 2 more keeper blacks on jigging spoons and jerkbaits, missed a strike on a huge striper and also had another wrap me on a dock cable.  He was like a torpedo one hooked.  Its fun to see those 10+ lb fish darting across the lights.  Some of the biggest whites I have ever seen last night, all released.  

Lets hit the water sometime Jim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.