Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Travis today from 5:15-8:30 with Huntinallday. We boated about 15-20 fish with 5 keepers, and 1 striper. All fish were caught on shaky heads. We never left the creek because of extreme winds. We would have done a lot better if we would have been able to stay in one place. Heading out to do some bowfishing on Decker tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Fighting the Hurricane Winds with the trolling motor was entertaining at best.  It was a fun trip none the less.  A peculiar thing happened today, a 12" spotted bass swallowed my hook completly, i mean i could only see the line coming out of its gullet.  I didnt want to let it go because i knew it would die, so I cut the line and put it on the stringer.  I take the fish out of the water 30 min later and the fish spit the entire hook out of its gullet with no blood or anything.  i let the fish go and it swam off like nothing happened.  So wierd.....we were fishing Big Sandy.

Heres the average today:

·
Registered
85 Posts
My wife and I have been hitting that area lately, but like you said the wind is a @#$%@. Cypress was producing more bites than Sandy IMO. What color shaky were you throwing? Watermelon red is the one they seem to prefer for us, also in flukes. Good luck tracker.

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
What causes the dark blotches (pigmentation) on the skin of largemouth bass?

It is possible that this condition is genetic, viral, or related to some environmental factor unique to certain bodies of water that stimulates the increased production of melanin.  This unusual pigmentation (melanosis) has been observed on bass within most reservoirs and in other areas of the country for many years.  The Fish Disease Diagnostics Laboratory at Auburn University is currently investigating the cause of hyperpigmented melanosis in  largemouth bass.

ANOTHER ARTICLE:
http://www.wmi.org/bassfish/articles/T205.htm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.