Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day on Travis today. Launched at Sandy Creek around 9:30 to a glass lake. While Fishbone was parking the boat I caught one by the boat ramp on a crankbait. We caught a few more and I had a nice 4-5 lb'r come unbuttoned under the boat. Don proceeded to catch a 4-5 lb'r 15 minutes later on a different stretch of water. Then we decided to fish deep water - no fish there. Then the storm came through, and after a couple rumbles of thunder, we beached the boat and waited out the storm on the bank while fishing topwaters - we both missed a fish doing that. After the rain, we hit more shallow banks and picked up a few more fish including a nice 19" striper. All fish caught on Flat-A cranks.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Re: LT 3-26 Pics Added

Had a fun day out there despite the weather. Here are some pics of when we beached the boat as the storm came rolling in and a couple of the nicer fish. All the fish we caught today were in 15 FOW or less. No bites on the worm today so didn't waste too much time throwing it. We lost some fishing time waiting out that storm but better to be safe than sorry. Cured the boredom with a few coldies on the bank. Thanks again CK -I really needed to get out on the water!

D

Don Pre Storm Bass

Clint's Striper

The Arrival

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ya'll did a little better than we did today. We got on the water at about 9 and got off right when the storm came through. Caught 3 or 4 lmb and a couple striper. I caught one 17" or so striper swimming a baby brush hog to the boat. Long Hollow is full of whites and stripers.

Did ya'll catch your fish in murky water or clear water? We couldn't get bit in the murky water in the backs of the creeks.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Went out to Travis yesterday night from 7p.m.-11:00p.m. and launched at Sandy Creek. We didnt do to bad I guess but I would have liked to have caught some stripers. I did catch one but it was small. We ended up catching about 25 whites. Im not trying to entrude in your post I just thought it would be pointless to start another.Fishbone & ATM those are some nice fish!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Fishbone,

Were you in the Center Console, a Bayquest maybe, with a Johnson OB ? I was in the Teal colored Promaster. We were wondering what happened to you during the rain, since we saw you after it quit, with no raingear.
We did well with TR cinnamon Senkos, up against the steep dropoffs. Best 5 would have gone 12-13lbs. Big fish, probably 3 1/2.
It turned out to be a nice afternoon.

Lowell :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great report. I haven't been to Travis since I was going to UT in the early 70's. Since it's so low are there many underwater hazards such as rock piles that would be dangerous to someone that doesn't know the lake? Planning a trip there in the near future. Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lowbass - That was us in the Bay Quest. When the weather came in, we beached the boat and got away from the lightning. Trespassing is such a dirty word, but we found cover during the hardest rain. Luckily, the pool boy didn't give us any grief. I'll have to give Sandy a try in the PM, I love me some whites - nice chest full, bet that was fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.