Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to LT this PM with Fish-Ninja. Launched at Cypress Creek at around 4:30PM. We where going to target some schoolies later on, but found no schoolie action at all. So, we targeted those green little guys. ;D

Water: Clear, light stain. 3'-4' vis. 60.9 degrees in the back of a cove
Weather: Temps dropped to mid 50's, and the wind picked up to near 10mph.

Started off throwing a jig at our first stop, with nothing. Just cruised along, and hit some shallow spots, and coves to see if the fish were in prespawn. Not yet. Water temp is right, just the fish aren't there yet. Ran up the lake, and went towards the dam. Threw a Deep Little N to see if any stripers where active. Ended up catching a LMB on the 2nd cast with it. 8)

rmvfishing Deep Little N LMB

Continued fishing, working our way back to Cypress Creek. Fish-Ninja said "this point has to have a fish. I want a jig bite." Figures.. He catches 2 on back-to-back casts, including a dalmation bass.

Fish-Ninja Dalmation Bass

Headed back to the ramp at 7:45PM. Not too bad.

All fish caught on cranks and jigs.

Thanks Derek for taking me. Not bad for a short trip.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Yeah, I was hoping for a few more jig bites, but oh well. I think I was cheated anyway- those two bites were really mushy, nothing like the other day when they really killed that jig! Can't complain for a couple hours on the pond. That water is SOOOO close, it should just be anytime now, they are going to get crazy!

Nice pic in the setting sun with my floppy hair!! Funny looking little bass. I think that's the only reason we took a pic!

I'm headed to Stillhouse tomorrow to try out a new lake, wish me luck!! Oh, good luck to you guys fishing the FOM this weekend. We'll be expecting good reports on Sat. nite!

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
That point does hold a lot of fish, usually 14-15"ers but still fun catching those little turds when you are desperate to finish out your limit.  Nothing off that fence line?

I see a couple of 100 Mgs on your deck, perhaps one of the better reels Shimano made. If you ever need to ditch em lemme know, I can get a pretty penny for those bricks  :p

PS. I am a Ass Clown

·
Registered
795 Posts
DUDE!  You and EA.  I guess this is why you guys are my best buds on the ABF board.  Can always count on a good ribbing from you two.  Maybe Charlie will take me fishing.

If I was gonna get rid of those cute silver Shimano bricks, you would have to get me a screaming deal on a few of those new Revo Premiers, like free, or trade for plastic!!!   :eek:   ;D   Oh, I mean some of those stylin' Diawas......   ::)

Yeah and by that time, we were desparate!  Thanks for the tip.  I'll keep it in mind next time.  You guys are always slow with the good information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.