Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.. it was COLD as heck.. lol It was not the coldest we have been out, but on a lazy Saturday morning when you COULD have been at home by the fire.. we were fishing. Damn those lying weathermen! lol

We got a few dinks and this one.

Moedog... my buddy said it was a 5lb'r in the photo.. I let him think that ;)

check it out! The fish hit in 2ft of water to 5ft.. we were off of Windy Point and we were using rat traps and shakey heads with rattlesnakes.

I also popped a couple with a fluke early on. Catch or not, they were a blast to watch hitting the fluke (white btw)

· Banned
1,536 Posts
Hey Russell good to see you guys out there this morning.  Hope the boat ran good for you.

Bro and I managed a couple of decent fish this morning, we caught our fish on drop shot and crankbaits.   Found most fish suspended in about 20 foot of water at the mouths of creeks.

Cold morning but it was good to get out to Travis its been awhile.

Take Care
H.H.J.

· Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice!

We had a variety of baits thrown and just when we thought they were not going to hit.. they'd hit.

The boat ran beautifully, finally.. heh. I noticed the difference in the new prop, as did Moedog who had been on the boat a couple times before.

I still want to hook up with you and get two of those XL shirts, one of each ;) I am off Monday so if you happen to be out and about this weekend, either tomorrow or Monday, let me know. Shoot me a PM and I'll meet ya anywhere.

That launch at Mansfield is pretty nice. I had not used it before.

Russ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.