Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished with Nitroguy on LT today. It stayed overcast and rained a bit but overall weather was great. Wind started gusting to 30 this afternoon. We stuck with the crank baits which stuck all the fish. Only one fish on shakey head today. We ended up with around 20 fish including a couple 3 - 4lb. Most of the fish were caught on main lake points, nothing in the backs of creeks. Nitroguy got a hook deep in the finger when one of his fish shook....Yeeouch! Handled it like a champ though, poked the hook all the way out through the skin, then I cut the barb off the hook and he backed it out no problem. I did a lot of fishing and not a lot of catching today. Still a good time on the lake!

D

Nitroguy with a nice fish

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
Good report! I know the pushing-the-hook-through-and-cutting-the-barbed-end-off all too well. Helps to have some ETOH anesthesia on board during the pushing. My major complaint after such an episode is having to replace the hook! Sounds like a fun day! One of the great things about Travis is that even in 30 mph wind, you can find sheltered areas to fish if you need a break from the wind. Keep the pics coming!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Fishbone I had a really good time yesterday ...Thanks for cutting the barb so I could get the hook out........That darn ole wind did blow thats for sure...Look forward to Friday on LA to see what we can find there.......Well at least the crank did the job for us yesterday..Still cannot believe the shacky head was not getting any bites....See ya on the water!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Thanks for the good report. Sounds like things are picking up a little everywhere. Will definately be getting out there myself.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
That is whats called a painful report. :eek:
Doctor Bone in the house :p

Seriously guys, despite the hook in a finger, sounds like you had a fun time on the water. Nothing better than spring bass fishing. Let the goodtimes begin ;)

Jim ;D

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Nice fish, sounds like y'all had a fun trip except for that hook in the finger part. What kind of cranks were you throwing?

John

·
Registered
92 Posts
Where are y'all fishing that you are having the most success (up the lake or down near Mansfield)?

Was out there on Sunday and couldn't find them near Pace Bend. Worked main lake points with crankbaits and worms...with VERY little success.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Bassman thanks for the tip there.But of course it was a trebble hook that got me and the only thing I knew was to push it through ....Got any tips how to remove the dreaded trebble hook let me know,,,,See ya on the water!!!!!1

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.