Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don Gordon and I went out again today, but this time headed to Lake Travis.  Little cold out today until the sun broke a little after 1 or so.  Caught them pretty good all day, starting out with traps and cranks, and ended the day with finesse jigs and Rattlesnakes.  Snakes were rigged on drop shts and spot removers.

Caught most of our fish from Lago to Cow Creek in cuts and drains primarily.  Had to fish pretty slow and the better bites were swimming ones it seemed.  

Better fish came in 10-15 feet of water.  Tons of little ones out a little deeper (30 feet roughly) and some decent spotties right on the bank.

Caught over 35 fish, and about 15 nice keepers.  Pics of some of the nicer ones below.  Best five 15 pounds or so.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Thanks for the report and pics. Those are some nice LT chunks.

·
Registered
262 Posts
You guys did better than me and Moonraker.  We caught a good number of dinks, but I was also able to stick my PB (3.5 lbs?) on Travis on a home made, hand poured craw...It's not very spectacular, but I've only lived here a couple of months.  Thanks to David for the pic, the company and becoming my newest Austin fishin buddy...

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
This is from two days before Chris's fish. (Evo). 2.75lb on the scale.

Those are some fantastic LT bass. And I haven't seen anyone post pics of that many nice keepers at one time in a long time. Great Job. That's why I prefer Upper LT. Instead of near the dam. Great Report guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.