Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty tough today. I caught 3 spots. The biggest was 16". Got broke off by a nice fish that I got to see once, I would guess it weighed between 5 and 6. It would shake its head but  not pull drag. Got it about 6 feet from the boat and saw it about three feet down. One more good shake of the head and it went straight to the back of the boat. Broke my 12 lb Berkley Flourocarbon.  Also got checked by the Game Warden. He was checking every boat that I saw except the big criusers. Water was off colored and 58 - 60 degrees.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Be specific about which Berkley. The Vanish does suck but the 100% fluoro is hard to beat. ;) I've never had a problem with the 100% and I've been through about 20,000 yards of it so far. :cool: The only problems I've ever heard about it were from a couple small filler rolls. I always order mine in the 2k yard spools.

I need to get back out on Travis soon. Haven't been in a little while.

Back in town yet SM?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
100D0208060E020D630 said:
Be specific about which Berkley. The Vanish does suck but the 100% fluoro is hard to beat. ;) I've never had a problem with the 100% and I've been through about 20,000 yards of it so far. :cool: The only problems I've ever heard about it were from a couple small filler rolls. I always order mine in the 2k yard spools.

I need to get back out on Travis soon. Haven't been in a little while.

Back in town yet SM?
What line were you using when you broke off all those 10 lbrs? ;D

Chris

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As far as off colored water goes, I was fishing from Hudson Bend to Point Venture. I fished up by Cow Creek a couple of weeks ago, and the water was murky at best. It seems the "turnover" or stained water is moving south. Lot's of boats hitting Arkansas Bend yesterday. Those poor fish will be really sore by this Spring. :'(

Marine...Thank you for your service ! i was not fishing with John, I was fishing with a drop shot ;D I was by myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.