Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first report. I just got my new to me boat and took it out today to Travis for the first time. I have never fished LT and really have not bass fished in about 10yrs. I launched at Siesta Shores and headed up river. I fished two spots with no luck.

It was a little windy and I was having to work the trolling motor hard not to get pushed around. This is my first time in the front seat and no one told me you had to be as talented as a drummer in a rock band to fish and work the controls.

I cut across the lake and found a tiny cove with no wind. My first cast there at 3:00 I thought I got hung up on a rock. So I pull and pull and it starts to give. I was thinking that is strange ...then this white belly appears and I was like holly cow only I didn't say cow. Then just like that I got my worm spit it my face. That was a big fish.

I regained composure and quietly moved around that cove and caught 8 total. 4 of them were keepers (but I don't keep) and 4 dinks. I stayed on that cove for an hour I figured as long fish are landing in the boat I might as well stay.

They were all caught on watermelon seed paddle tail worm. I tried other baits when my line broke but no results.
I was supposed to go to nascar today but things did not pan out, maybe the day turned out okay after all.

· Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Hey Dave,

Great Report!

Couple hours on the trolling motor and you will not even know you are working it.

Sorry to read you lost a big one. When in doubt, set the HOOK !! ;D

EA

PS. Heading out with HHJ in the AM, hope you left one or two biting, the guy gets a little cranky if he does not catch a bunch ;D

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks EA. I think for any one new. Todays lesson was that anyone can catch fish...well except me losing the big one. It's more about finding fish and it seemed like every big cove already was taken by a bass boat and I didn't want to crowed another boat. So I took the left overs and it paid off. I should have set the hook on that rock.

· Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Dave,

No doubt.

Travis is Hot right now! Past history says it will not stay this way though. In the summer bass on Travis are much harder to catch.. At least keeper size that is.

Some have said that the low lake levels last year, has really helped Travis Bass. I hope so!

Anyway, keep the reports coming!

EA

PS. Travis it crowded right now with Bass O Ree coming on Sunday.

· Banned
1,010 Posts
David,

Congrats on the "new" boat and big first day on Travis! At least you officially got the new boat skunk off your boat  ;D

I heard there was another hawg caught on Travis this evening  :eek:  Sorry I can't share any more info...I'm sure they'll post up soon.

-Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.