Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday weekend. Please honor those who fought and died for our country.

I fished some on Saturday. I was treated to the aerial ballet of a great egret. He fishes the same grass I do. We both caught some small ones.

Sunday, I picked up a different set of sticks and went golfing with my dad and my son. Inexplicably, Blackhawk was nearly deserted. My nine-year-old played all eighteen tee to green. We saw snakes and turtles. I carried the snake-neck softshell to his pond to get him off the cartpath.

On the back nine, my son hit near a killdeer nest. She was incubating four eggs. The male killdeer were all running around and flopping everywhere. I shot my nine-hole PB, three-over par. The pic is of my son's tee shot over the hazard at sixteen which he carried plus an additional thirty yards, his best shot of the day.

Today was back to Lake Pfork. Cutie-pies were everywhere. Mid-morning, I changed into swim trunks and dived unsuccessfully for my lost drift sock. The grass there has grown substantially in the past week. Otherwise, it was a pleasant swim.

Speaking of grass, a couple weeks ago the Moss Monster that had been anchored to the south shore for nearly five months was hauled away hopefully to never return. Let the grass grow free!

I caught 'em on SSJr, 1/4 oz Yellow Kraken SP-1, weightless watermelon texposed Senko, 1/2 oz Rat-L-Trap, and the clear favorite 3/16 oz TR Zoom green pumpkin UV Speed Worm. A yakker reported catching a four up in the north backwater. I got hungry and came in for some Jalapeno Poppers. Cowabunga!
IMG_20170527_090441130_1.jpg
IMG_20170528_084548295.jpg
IMG_20170528_105047017.jpg
IMG_20170528_114932170.jpg
IMG_20170529_094904324.jpg

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Hit brushy at 630...plenty of topwater activity, but only a single strike...hit the texaco station for some wings, then a one min drive to pf, and boy, the water was way up!
Shut out for the day. Should have my boat at tracker saturday, and once it's up, it's all over for basstrop!!!!!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw 'em bustin' on top. I tried a buzzbait, then the SSJr. I got four taps by tiny bass on the spook before I hooked a marginally larger bass, my first topwater fish of 2017.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should go see the aquarium feeding at Bass Pro Shops (1pm Sat &Sun). I went a couple weekends ago. The four pounder they have jumped at least a dozen times, splashing the spectators up front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts