Bass Fishing Forum banner

LPf Incidental Catches 3/18/18

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  just plain bill 
#1 ·
I was trying for largemouth. Yesterday, I got a nice channie on a 10.5" plastic worm. Today, I got a slab papermouth on a senko.

I did catch LMB this weekend. My wife got 'em good on her Light Ugly Stick Senko texposed. I'm still catching on hard baits (lipless, squarebill, mid diver), but I'm also throwing Senko.
Fishing Fish Recreational fishing Bass Fisherman

Fish Bass Fishing Fish Fisherman

Fish Bass Fishing Striper bass Giant seabass

See less See more
#2 ·
Yesterday I got good numbers of LMB on hardbaits.

Today, the bite was even better. I was catching on hardbaits and softbaits.

A good'un caught me literally with my pants down while free-lining a senko. A massive 1 pound 7 ounce crappie smashed a crankbait. I made the rounds and caught fish at most of my stops. I anchored up in 14 FOW and was reeling in another good fish when the work phone started ringing. I lipped him, admired him for one-half second, tossed him back and answered the phone. Doh!
Fish Bass Fishing Fish Recreation

Fish Bass Fishing Fisherman Recreation

#3 ·
what color is your yak? i practiced casting off that mini doc for maybe 20min around ten on saturday...every time i see a yak out there i wonder if it's you, lol... same thing yesterday, but then decided to head west and hit the stickups...managed one on a new rapala crank (brat) that is kinda small, but 3/8oz, so it gets out there quite a bit...unusual for me to throw any non-topwater, but it looked pretty, so i bought two, of course...

#4 ·
...not throwing top-water, what? Oh yeah, heh-heh, April Fools. Wait, you posted that today...

I'm in the gray BPS Uncle Buck's Pond Prowler "bass buggy".

Thanks for the report on the brat. The brat does look pretty cool. I have a lot of squarebills so I didn't buy a brat. I love Rapala's Rippin' Raps and Shadow Raps because they flat out catch fish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.