Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me throw out the PSA. The lake level is going to be below most people's trailer launch and/or recovery ability. The good news is that the pumps are running and water is being pumped into the lake. I do not know if the inflow rate can match losses due to surface evaporation and utility consumption.

Secondly; good news on the Weiss Lane project. I drove on the recently opened section of Weiss Lane from the back entrance of Hidden Lakes subdivision to the Park pavilion entrance this morning. The road contractor did a poor job of alerting the driving public of the new "traffic pattern" at the intersection of the park entrance/exit and Weiss Lane. On my way home, I called the city and asked them to install better "Stop" signage at the park exit. Beware.

I dropped in around 8am and pole-pushed the Pond Prowler for a couple hundred feet before I could deploy the trolling motor. A lake regular asked me why I was so late to launch. I told him it was a long story. He reeled in a good'un and I continued up-lake.

I anchored up on a grass point at the mouth of a channel and caught three fun-fish in a row on a wacky senko. I wanted to apply sunscreen, so I cast the senko up into the channel. I reeled in some slack, pushed the thumb bar and laid the rod down in the bottom of the boat. I squirted a dollop of lotion in my left hand. Right then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the spool roll about a quarter inch and stop. Crap!

I wiped as much sunscreen as I could on my knee and grabbed up my rod and swung. The fish had already swallowed the hook, so I reeled him in and picked up my pliers in anticipation of retrieving the hook through the gill plate. I was amazed to see the tail of a cutie-pie down in the gullet next to my octopus hook. I got the hook but I let the fish keep his cutie-pie breakfast.

I caught ten more fish for a total of 14, all on WW senko. I left at twelve-thirty.
IMG_20180826_080532719.jpg
IMG_20180826_092108201.jpg
IMG_20180826_090955800.jpg

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I had so much fun when I had a Bass Buster like yours, living near small private lakes like I was, also fishing Town Lake. Now I don't have a truck to haul one since my SUV hauls the big boat..

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've always wanted to fish Town Lake. I've scouted Austin High and Holiday Inn launch sites. I'm liking Austin High better because of free parking. Where would you recommend launching?

Town Lake is pushing the operational range of my hoopty pickup. Looking down from an adjacent tower, Town Lake sure looked fishy today.
IMG_20180827_122403120.jpg

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
It's been at least 25 or more years since I fished Town Lake, and Austin was a lot smaller then. I used Austin High exclusively. Before that, I used to bank fish in the south shore park area around the Lamar bridge. Wow, memories.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Used to be shady? Last week an APD officer was knocked down and his gun stolen at 6th&35.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts