Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right before the pandemic, over 200 Sharelunker fingerlings were stocked into this lake. During the lake closure, the habitat for these fingerlings was destroyed when the city sprayed the lake. I don’t get it.

Tuesday I posted that I’d caught a sunfish off a stump with drop-shot. What I didn’t say is that I snagged the stump and broke off at my leader knot on the next cast. I moved on throwing TR.

Yesterday afternoon I tuned up that drop-shot rod with new 20# Power Pro braid and 8# Yo-Zuri flourcarbon. I tied the FG knot with precision, I’m getting the hang of it.

Today, I put in at 5pm and made turns for the stump. Once on station, I fished drop-shot for effect. I went through two bags of roboworms and I broke off 5 times. I got sixteen in the boat, no big-uns but about half of them were fun-fish. Off at sunset, a glorious long late spring evening.
826D9270-F90F-4100-B8FC-9B26C2251DE3.jpeg

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sport lake?
Most park patrons don’t like grass. Kite boarders were complaining that their kite boards were getting snagged in the grass mats. In one instance, the mat anchored down a full chute kite blown by a 30 knot wind.

The watercraft rental concession customers were trapped in a small corner of the lake by grass mats causing shortened trips. Since the concession charges by the hour, he was losing money.

Triathletes struggled with aquatic vegetation during the water leg while competing. The city’s ex-mayor is a triathlete.

Drunk bathers die in the lake and the cause of death Is drowned by hydrilla. That evil hydrilla...

Last year I mentioned to a friend that the City of Pflugerville was attempting to eradicate the hydrilla. He said, “Oh yeah, they’re trying to turn it into a sport lake.”

Sports include snorkeling, windsurfing, triathlons, pier-jumping, kiteboarding, rafting, and drunk-swimming.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Right before the pandemic, over 200 Sharelunker fingerlings were stocked into this lake. During the lake closure, the habitat for these fingerlings was destroyed when the city sprayed the lake. I don’t get it.

Tuesday I posted that I’d caught a sunfish off a stump with drop-shot. What I didn’t say is that I snagged the stump and broke off at my leader knot on the next cast. I moved on throwing TR.

Yesterday afternoon I tuned up that drop-shot rod with new 20# Power Pro braid and 8# Yo-Zuri flourcarbon. I tied the FG knot with precision, I’m getting the hang of it.

Today, I put in at 5pm and made turns for the stump. Once on station, I fished drop-shot for effect. I went through two bags of roboworms and I broke off 5 times. I got sixteen in the boat, no big-uns but about half of them were fun-fish. Off at sunset, a glorious long late spring evening.
View attachment 43736
Most park patrons don’t like grass. Kite boarders were complaining that their kite boards were getting snagged in the grass mats. In one instance, the mat anchored down a full chute kite blown by a 30 knot wind.

The watercraft rental concession customers were trapped in a small corner of the lake by grass mats causing shortened trips. Since the concession charges by the hour, he was losing money.

Triathletes struggled with aquatic vegetation during the water leg while competing. The city’s ex-mayor is a triathlete.

Drunk bathers die in the lake and the cause of death Is drowned by hydrilla. That evil hydrilla...

Last year I mentioned to a friend that the City of Pflugerville was attempting to eradicate the hydrilla. He said, “Oh yeah, they’re trying to turn it into a sport lake.”

Sports include snorkeling, windsurfing, triathlons, pier-jumping, kiteboarding, rafting, and drunk-swimming.
I guess I don’t get why you would claim every person that drowned in that lake was drunk? I’ve kayaked and fished out there before and was happy they killed the weed. Don’t think 200 possibly lost fingerling is worth the price of another person drowning.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don’t get why you would post to a bass fishing forum that you are happy they killed the weed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Removing the hydrilla did not affect the bass. People were getting entangled in it and some lost their life. The last person that drowned was in a kayak.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I am aware of most of the drownings in Lake Pflugerville. I am not insensitive to these tragedies. I am sympathetic to the families and victims.

I have offered my boat to a policeman who was searching for a missing swimmer. I routinely ask far from shore swimmers if they are OK. I admonish kayakers on the water to wear PFD’s.

Was the last kayaker that drowned wearing a PFD? No, she wasn’t.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hookem, I have to agree with Jeremy. I understand that hydrilla might be a real pain to swimmers and certainly can lead to tragedy. And no one is trying to defend that. But this is a fishing forum and reality is that grass cover is good for fishing. Removal of grass cover is not good for fishing. I followed this thread and never once saw Jeremy stating that all drownings were drunk. I applaud your passion for swimmers but I don't think your understanding of his statement is correct nor if your belief that removing grass has no effect on fishing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts