Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday morning I went fishing with langlowe9. It was great to be back on the water with my brother from another mother. We caught 'em mostly on 'traps. We took out early so's I could be line judge at my son's final flag football game (they lost but the participation trophy looks cool.)

Mother's Day, I put in extra early so I could churn the loon Whopper Plopper under the waning moon. I set down the unscathed WP once I drifted shallow and set down anchor. I found a little pre-dawn pattern, catching five from anchor pitching TR green pumpkin Zoom super craw at pondweed in four feet of water.

I pulled anchor, drifted the flat, and ripped grass with the 'trap. I got a strike, but the bass pulled the front treble hook loose from the 'trap! I tied on another 'trap and caught some fun-fish. The wind died and I pulled a nice fish from the base of a hydrilla mound in twelve feet of water on a weightless wacky watermelon senko. The wind picked up again, and I went back to ripping grass. The 'trap got hammered short line and the four pounder jumped off. I swore I saw my missing treble hook in its top lip. I set the rod down and went in, ruminating on the one that twice got away.
IMG_20170514_085047565_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170514_091223065_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to write in the CSB part. After I dropped my boat in, I parked in my usual spot. Upon exiting my truck, I picked up a black billfold laying in the deserted parking lot. The billfold contained a Texas Driver's Learner Permit and a twenty dollar bill.

After I made my post, I drove to the address on the permit which was down the street from the lake. I recognized the young man who answered my knock from his Learner Permit picture. I handed him the wallet and said, "Is this yours?"

He nodded and as he checked the contents, "Yes, where did you find it?"

I said, "Lake Pflugerville." I think he was stunned silent to have recovered his wallet, so I bid him good day and went to HEB for some Cheez-Its.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts