Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cold front shut 'em down. Yeah, and the check's in the mail. Phenomenal fishing all last week and even better for this post-front weekend.

I was rounding the main lake point today when I was hailed by a bank angler. I headed over and visited with justplainbill. He told me he had caught a nice fish on, you know, topwater pencil popper. Good to see ya' Bill!!!

I fished 11 hours on Saturday and 10 hours today. Wind, rain, anything but lightning.

Pics are last Sunday, yesterday and today.
IMG_20200315_082049727.jpg
IMG_20200321_104521072_HDR_1.jpg
IMG_20200322_152332467_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Saw you too today. It was a tough morning for us. I caught 6 and 4 of them were no more than a year old. Two were in the 12-14 range. I read this afternoon that Pflugerville has closed its public parks. I sure hope this is not the case with Lake Pville as it's about the best place that I know that's close to Round Rock. If anyone knows about closure, then please let us know.

Here's one of my catches...should make you look real good :)

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
retired june 2018. 400 rounds of golf. watching fishing shows during lousy weather. decided to hit pf. was awesome to see jeremy! he rescued my ima skimmer! moved further east from where we had caught up. caught a 1-pounder. then a good-sized one rolled over the skimmer, reminding me of the scene in moby dick when the whale comes out of the water with ahab roped to its side. weird how the mind works. must have been partially hooked cuz it quickly got off. within a coupla casts it decided to play again. 2.66 on the scale. that would be a beast on bastrop! lol total was 11 topwater strikes with 4 caught. fished from 8-12 on only a cup of coffee! stopped at bush's and ate 4 pieces of chicken.
previous day i had driven over to bastrop to check on the boat; stored at lonestar. gittin' the fever again!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read this afternoon that Pflugerville has closed its public parks. I sure hope this is not the case with Lake Pville as it's about the best place that I know that's close to Round Rock. If anyone knows about closure, then please let us know...
Texas voters approved a State Constitutional Amendment in 2015 that protects your right to fish against laws made by counties and cities.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
had one itty bitty strike today after golf...but a very attractive young lady spent about an hour doing yoga exercises on the dock! some real stunners out jogging today!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got out a couple times this week. I bicycled over to the neighborhood pond yesterday. Today at Pflugie , there were some real joggers out stunning today. I got a couple good bites. IMG_20200325_190223651_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200326_182847384_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
also, woke up this morn at 430 to hit jones bros park, where i had much success some years ago, but the wind was so fierce i didnt even hit brushy, and i was in the parking lot eating a darn good burrito from the gas station across the street (shell?)...went and played golf instead...gonna try for jones again tomorrow...that's my next spot!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hit up the area lakes this weekend. Lots of good bites but losing them before they get to the boat, doh! Today, I caught catfish and sunfish in addition to around thirty LMB.
IMG_20200328_110330300_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200329_074027820.jpg
IMG_20200329_112204389.jpg
IMG_20200329_173651397.jpg

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
they were out in the middle, apparently. i got 2. one on a secret bait. a very shocking, secret bait. and it's not a topwater!

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
it was actually a lure i bought several years ago: sebile puncher. kinda opaque white with silver. pink on the sides. i work it just like it was a topwater. size 85. also have the next larger size, which i might use off the boat some day. this morning i had a coupla strikes, with one catch. sinks to 1-2 ft, so it's safe for bank fishing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts