Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was second to launch this morning, right behind a yakker wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I don't think he lasted very long. I was layered up as usual and made turns for the south shore.

I fished this lake a couple times last week, concentrating mainly on the big hydrilla flat at the main lake point. The water temps have dropped through the week and moved the fish around. The fishing was challenging but I manged to catch a couple each day. I saved the south shore for today.

The fish are making their way into the pondweed as the water warms up. I found hungry spawners along the south shoreline and caught six on drop shot. I moved down the shoreline to another honey hole and anchored up. It's been over a year since I've Texas-rigged a senko. I tied on a 1/16 ounce lead bullet, clear glass bead and VMC 000 Z-bend hook. I caught five on the TR senko. Then God turned on the fan, the wind going from zero to fifteen out of the south.

A club of yakkers launched from Pflugerville Parkway, so I abandoned the south shore and headed for "garbage-time", a honey hole near the dam. On the way, I got one ripping grass. Once on station I got three on drop-shot. Off at noon.
IMG_20200229_082623270.jpg

·
Registered
71 Posts
How did ya do yesterday (3/7) Jeremy? I managed a few on the drop shot again, one of which was a fat Crappie. Threw around a lipless and an underspin to no avail.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was you by the south shore!!!???? I'll post a report in a new thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts