Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in to deserted Pflugie at 6AM. Friday I had found a four year old apparently never used 100 amp hour battery. I rigged out the Pond Prowler, plugged in the batt and made turns away from the ramp. I left a spare batt in the truck, in case.

I cranked my way across and anchored on an outside edge. I fished the edge with soft plastics, pitifully hauling water until safe light. I pulled the anchor and started ripping grass occasionally stopping for TR or DS. The morning bite eluded me as I made the rounds.

After yesterday's stellar day I was somewhat perplexed. What did I learn yesterday? Oh yeah that's right. Throw drop-shot at the inside edge. I found a nice hole in the hydrilla in 8 FOW and anchored. It was on like Donkey Kong. I caught a wad of spawning males.

The wind picked up so I left the inside edge and resumed ripping grass. I got bites, I was grinding for them. I had my drift sock with me but never deployed it. I ripped two hydrilla flats before looking for another inside edge.

The wind was really blowing around noon when I set anchor on another hole in 8 FOW. Eureka! I'd anchored right on top of another wad of spawning males. I fished drop-shot for effect. Off at 3PM.

My face lobster-red sunburned. My shoulders pumped from ripping. My hands numb from dropping. I caught seven ripping grass. I caught twenty-two drop-shotting. They were all pound-and-a-half fun-fish. No big'uns. Can't wait to get back.
IMG_20200223_074800930_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yikes Jeremy, that's a far cry from my day out there. I too figured out the drop shot eventually, albeit a little to late. Only managed to just avoid the skunk before husband duties called. My stubbornness always has me exploring other areas outside the 2 piers off the south shore but I dont tend to have much luck when I do. Well done and a tip of the cap to ya.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts