Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if it's just me and what I'm using and what techniques I'm using or it's the fact that the carp placed by the LCRA has eaten all the vegetation used by fish for bedding and food but fishing here at low water has been awful lately. Last 3 times I've been here on my kayak around 7:00 pm this summer I've gone without a bite and leave after an hour out of frustration. I've used wacky rigged Yamamotos, shad swim-bait, plastic lizards, green natural colored grub on jigs, neon colored grub on jigs, diving cranks, it seems like I've tried everything but nothing works honestly starting to get discouraged in my fishing and it is hitting hard. If anyone has any tips/suggestions they'd like to share it would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Your choice in time could be off by a few hours. 7-9 (depending on sunset) is a light transition phase. You may find a good topwater bite around this time similar to what you get at sunrise but I've found my best summer fishing has been an hour after sunset and later. Give some time for that darkness to set in and those bass to get out in full cruise mode searching for easy meals in the shallows. In the dead of summer the time zone I'd be targeting is 10pm-6am.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would try that creek occasionally and would get some nice sizes, but now there is a no trespassing sign right at the entrance.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Trespassing where? On the creek?
Land owners think they own the water/lake adjacent to their lot, but that isn't true. Their property ends and their property line and no further, so you should be able to fish all of the water you can get to. Unless it's a government posted sign of course.
A park ranger told me this a while back when I was bank fishing on Travis when the lake was low. So, the land owners don't have any land/water rights past their property line.
Good luck.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Ignore the sign. They are probably intending that sign to discourage the drunken skiers and other pleasureboaters from actually getting out and puking on their yard. Or having a campfire on top of their sprinkler heads.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I wouldn't quit after an hour
Just caught that one myself... Chris is right, that's your problem right there. The odds of getting 'em "figured out" in just an hour are pretty slim. The best bassers in the world don't get 'em figured out in an hour. Sometimes it happens, but you're really shooting yourself in the foot by quitting after only an hour. If patience is not your strong suit, perhaps fishing is not your sport. :p

·
Registered
114 Posts
I fish there quite often, This late in the summer I would not bother going unless they are generating or it rained a bit.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I've never done any good at LWC. That's not to say that I haven't caught fish there, just nothing more than a bunch of 1lbers on crankbaits. I have pulled some slobs out from under the docks down stream of there tho. Usually takes me more than an hour ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've had a run-in with that guy, before. He called a game warden and knew him by name so obviously, he's got a buddy who is willing to use his badge.
If you decide to make something of it, I would call the APD so as to have someone there that is not in this guy's pocket.

BTW, when I was in there, there was a lot of baitfish and activity in there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts