Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit LT this morning about 7:30A to fish and tried my go to fishing spots....Nata, zero, nothing!!!
AKF was having a kayak tournament from Muleshoe Park and talked to a kayak'er fishing the tournament, and he hadn't caught anything either. Guess maybe it was the rain we had late this week that turned em off.
Anyone else fish LT today and have any luck. I threw lipless, baby brush hogs, shallow divers, topwater, and deep diving, and nothing would bite.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
It was the last KATS kayak tournament of the season yesterday and it was a road runner so folks launched all over the lake. The winner of the tournament, Ryan Herzog caught 96". I have reason to believe he was fishing 20-30 FOW with a moving bait. I caught at least 20 fish 12" and under beating the steep banks around Jonestown with a BBH. Ended up with only one 16.5" fish to check in. Broke off what would have been my best fish on a dock cable. Seems like small (4" and under) dark colored plastics on steep drop banks were the ticket for lots of the guys in the tournament.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, the guy I talked to was from Houston area and he was having trouble catching as well and we discussed that it might be because of the rain. Hoping to fish again this Thursday and maybe the water will settle and be clear again by then. Just to see if my normal techniques for catching will still work (BBH TR)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I was out there today from 9-2, mostly around the Perd. It was a very slow bite for me. I think they move deep by 9-10am this time of year; I was too late and fishing too shallow. Water temps are now in the low 80's so better get some weight and go deep!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yea, in my slough (inlet), on Colorado Arm, the temp is 83 degrees and I throw a watermelon red baby brush hog against the rocks on the banks and drag it slowly back toward the boat and usually get bit. But not on Saturday. Maybe Thursday the water will be back to normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts