Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new to this forum as well as bass fishing. Haven't been fishing in a decade and even then it was with my dad... I have all my gear but not sure of any good spots around town ideal for bass fishing. I don't have a boat, just looking to be able to park the car and walk for a bit. This post is to hopefully get a couple decent spots that aren't insanely far from me (South Austin), but any other advice is gladly accepted. :hello:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Lady Bird lake is the best for bank fishing. It literally has a trail that goes around the entire lake. I'd also suggest anywhere up and down Barton Creek where it has water, usually north of Sculpture falls. Onion Creek is also a good spot, but I haven't been over there in a little while. A lot of people hit up the Colorado just south of the long horn dam too, but I don't have much luck down there.

Also, I'd say look through past posts in the bank fishing reports section.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Fishumms! I hit LBL yesterday and only got one, but since it was my first time, I'm not dissapointed. Are there any spots along the lake that might have better luck or that have an area without much commotion? Or where my line won't get caught up every 20 minutes on the bank?😡
I don't know much about Barton Creek (I've only been in Austin for a year) I plan on trying it out soon.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks Fishumms! I hit LBL yesterday and only got one, but since it was my first time, I'm not dissapointed. Are there any spots along the lake that might have better luck or that have an area without much commotion? Or where my line won't get caught up every 20 minutes on the bank?��
I don't know much about Barton Creek (I've only been in Austin for a year) I plan on trying it out soon.
Honestly, my best luck on that lake has been off a kayak because the best spots I find are between the congress bridge and the railroad bridge especially by the old power plant building right next to the railroad bridge. From the bank I'd suggest where shoal creek lets out, or where waller lets out, by the kayak place where Eanes creek lets out and the bank behind Joes Crab Shack. Also, in Auditorium shores, just under the railroad bridge where the creek lets out, I forget it's name, is a good spot. Another place I frequent is the lagoon down by the Longhorn dam, I like to go by the 2 sewer drainage outlets that are way back in the lagoon basically the furthest from the opening. It's a super easy spot to hit too, there is a parking lot for the park and you can walk right there, just look out for the homeless camp that can sometimes be there. Haven't had any problems, but it can be weird to have people doing stuff behind you, or like yelling and being intoxicated to be exact. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Red Bud is a good area to bank fish on Lady Bird, but yes, there will be dogs getting in and out of the water. ha! Just gotta A) deal with it, and B) find little hidey holes along the banks that are less susceptible to people running in on ya with their dogs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[/QUOTE]Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]
Man! Thank you so much that exactly what I was looking for. I'll be hitting the banks morning & night Saturday, so I'm gonna try a couple out

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Red Bud is a good area to bank fish on Lady Bird, but yes, there will be dogs getting in and out of the water. ha! Just gotta A) deal with it, and B) find little hidey holes along the banks that are less susceptible to people running in on ya with their dogs.
I was thinking red bud would be a good spot! Ive been meaning to check it out with the pups too, so even more of a reason to go. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts