Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Not sure if this is the place to go or not, but my boyfriend and I are new to Austin and we would like to find some nice fishing holes in or around the North/Central Austin area. We are just looking to do a little catch and release on the weekends. We currently do not have fishing licenses but planning on getting them in a few months when we get back on our feet. So if anyone knows of any nice little ponds, creeks, or lakes near us that we would be safe fishing without license please let me know!! We both enjoy it fishing and need to get out of the house more and explore Austin. Also we are not drinkers so no alcohol with us and all trash will be cleaned up!!! We checked out McKinney Falls state park today and the water was too low and seen maybe 3 fish! Thank you to anyone who can help us out!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I agree with Hopedale. The fines aren't worth it and neither is a trespass or poaching arrest.

There may be a few forum member with a stocked tank in their backyard but I doubt any is going to extend you an invitation to fish.

We all fish in public water. Get the license.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both! Hoping to get a license as soon as possible!! We had several spots back home in East Texas where it's wasn't closely monitored. We were hoping it would be like that, but this is the big city & things are alot different lol but thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts