Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a list of chores longer than both my arms, the chance of fishing was looking pretty grim until momma got the bug. So we loaded up and headed over to Long's, getting on the Llano River right about 3:30. We decided to go up river this time and see how far up we could go. Water was clear and flowing nicely although a little warm so we concentrated on the deeper pools and ledges offering shade. Over the next hour or so we caught several small guads and LMB on weightless flukes and craws. We were doing a lot of site fishing and then casting the bait above the bass and letting it drift down to them. Nothing monstrous but fun. We reached a nice deeper stretch and stopped to work the area a little more than most of the water we had passed. Momma hooked and lost two beauties that would easily have made the goodun list and I had to kid her about her hook set. Of course she had to point out that I hadn't even got a hook into anything like that so I shut up. We worked the whole pool over pretty well using flukes, senkos, TR and chatterbaits. Momma finally got her a nice 3lber on a chatterbait up under the trees along a ledge and I was still striking out and then the day/weekend went to sh#$. Momma was moving over to work the tree overhang from a different angle and stepped on a slick patch. I watched in slow motion as she went up in the air and landed flat on her back and head on the granite. Trip over. It took me over 3 hours to get her to the car and then to the hospital. She had a Level 3 or severe concussion, hairline crack in her right elbow and black and blue from her waist up. Worse for her is the treatment. If you asked her to list 5 thing she hates - 3 of them would be sitting in the dark, no noise and no TV/computer. And a huge thank to Ryder and Gannon - two gentlemen I ran into at the shore who helped me get her into the car then went back up river to recover our gear and then actually drove to Marble Falls to the hospital to bring it to me. And would not accept payment either. Man I love being a Texan and living here. So now I will be living vicariously through you guys until she is better so keep up the reports and story telling. Be safe, keep your lines tight and have a blessed day.

·
Super Moderator
2,114 Posts
I pray she gets better soon. I am so sorry that happened. Tell her I’ll catch the next big’un in her honor. She still maybe able to out fish you left-handed. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeremy - and she said she can out fish me with or without a broken arm or using her left arm. LOL...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sounds like she is tougher than nails. And a good fisherman...woman...person. Hell, she can just plain catch fish! Hope she recovers soon, and fully.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts