Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never fished Long Lake, and would like to know how is it in the wind. I know Fayette is rough at 10-15mph winds. Is that about right for long Lake?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Most folks around here know that lake as "Decker Lake". I've never fished Fayette, so I can not compare them for you.

I don't think you could say Decker is "rough" with a 15 mph southeast wind. You could probably catch a lot of fish.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Depends which side of the lake you are on and which way you and the wind are moving. I've had days out there where it was no big deal and others where I had 3-4 ft whitecaps coming into the boat on the way back to the dock. It can get shitty out there quick and even though it is a small lake that ride takes forever when the weather hits.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
North winds make it a little tougher but you @10-15 you there's lots of places you'll be able to fish but like Rex says it can get ugly quick

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fayette at 15 mph south east wind is 3 to 5 foot waves. Only calm place is the face of the dam, and then a long rough ride to the ramp. North wind is just bad everywhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts