Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Phoenix, Sunday morning, when my neighbor called on my cell phone to tell me that his son had caught, and just weighed on official scales a SAL. He said it was 14lb. 4oz., and was caught out of Falcon. They were waiting for TPWD to come and pick it up.
I just got home this morning, and as of yet, it's not posted. Hopefully, it will be soon.
Way to go Brandon!

· Registered
92 Posts
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 21, 2008
Media Contact: Larry Hodge, (903) 670-2255

Budweiser ShareLunker: Falcon Continues Surge

ATHENS, Texas—Only days after anglers in a professional bass fishing tournament weighed in record amounts of fish, Falcon International Reservoir produced its ninth Budweiser ShareLunker.
Brandon Smith of Leander, Texas, was fishing in seven feet of water Sunday when a 14.25-pound largemouth took his 10.5-inch black emerald Monster ZOOM plastic worm.

The fish was 25.5 inches long and 21.5 inches in girth.
Smith’s fish is the second-largest of the 13 bass entered into the Budweiser ShareLunker program this season and the second-largest ShareLunker from Falcon.

The largest entry from Falcon is the 14.28-pounder caught by Jerry Campos in 2004.

The lake record of 15.12 pounds was caught in 1991.
The Budweiser ShareLunker program is made possible through support from Anheuser-Busch, Inc. Since 1991, Anheuser-Busch, in partnership with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation, has contributed millions of dollars in funding to support conservation causes and fishing, hunting and outdoor recreation programs in Texas.

Brandon Smith of Leander caught this 14.25-pound largemouth April 20 from Falcon International Reservoir. With him is his father, Myron Smith, also of Leander.
PHOTO CREDIT
TPWD photo © 2008, Jarret Marquart

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.