Bass Fishing Forum banner

Llano River 10/4

602 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  BassinAg 
#1 ·
Not a great day of fishing but we were out and enjoying nature. The river was a lot lower today and it showed. Nature's fishermen (mainly racoons) had been having a field day with fish that got caught in pools as the water receded. You could see tracks and remains everywhere as we moved around. Sadly there were some very nice bass that had fallen prey to being caught in a pool that was cut off. We tossed plastics at them for about 3 hours with only 3 very small dinks to show for it. Found a gentleman using a generator powered pump to pan for gold (yes there is actually gold in that river - who knew?) and watched as the water downstream was filled with the waste he was pumping out of his sluice. He told me bout his process and while we were talking I noticed a lot of small bass moving in the pools downstream from his wash. I asked him about it and he said yes he always noticed that the bass loved to come up in the wash when he was running the pump. Switched to a little in-line spinner and started working the pools below his wash. There was nothing large biting but I caught 11 small (4" to 8") small mouth and guads feeding in his tail race. Wrapped up around 5 and headed to La Tequilla in Kingsland for dinner and then home. Keep your lines tight and have a blessed day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.