Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were supposed to have the grandkids all weekend so nothing was planned until Friday night when the plans fell apart and we suddenly had all weekend to ourselves. Momma got home from work around noon and I wrapped up the last of the honey do's. Gear loaded we headed out with no real plan except we wanted to get some Mexican food at La Tequila in Kingsland when we were done. We decided to try the "Slab" in Kingsland since you can never fish there in warmer weather due to the partiers. We parked, grabbed everything and headed up river. Water was running clear and cold and we began spotting fish in the deeper pools less than a quarter mile up stream. We tossed everything at them except dynamite and nothing got there attention. We couldn't get one to even turn and follow a bait. On the water at 2:25pm and off at 5:15pm. I did continue to man up like Todd and Jeremy as there were a couple nice holes with fish in them and I had to wade out to get to them with a proper cast. Got lots of practice casting and working different lures in running water and I have to say Momma is getting really good with her casting. We had Carne Guisada and margaritas. Food was excellent and the margaritas must have been pretty good too because momma got me to go up and sing karaoke. Keep you lines tight, be safe and have a blessed day.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts