Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't sit and work any longer with the warm weather calling me. Loaded up the yak and ran down to the ramp. On the water at 2:20 and paddled over to Lick Creek. Started working the mouth of the creek with TR BBH and got a couple light taps but nothing I could set on. Did notice some activity on the far bank so I moved over there. Tossed TR's, drop shots and jigs but nothing happening (sorry Bill but I didn't have any top waters with me). Switched to a willow bladed spinner - crawfish color - and began working back around to head back to the ramp. Was almost to the mouth of the creek when the first cutie pie hit in about 3' of water near the bank. Over the next 40 minutes I boated 6 more cutie pies and two fun-fish working the steeper bank of Lick Creek around timber near the bank. Lost the spinner and switched to a square bill in craw color. Couple hits that I briefly fought but couldn't land. Reached the mouth of the creek and began running the crank bait down the ledge and caught one fun-fish and one good-un. And then nothing. Worked both banks and back up the creek until dusk before spooling up and heading home. Keep your lines tight, be safe and have a blessed day.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts