Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally back to bring able to wet a hook. I could not stand it any more so I ignored doctors orders and went out yesterday morning after an appointment and killed some time doing what we all love best. The pond is crystal clear and has a lot of lily pads, moss and duck weed. Very little water is uncovered and most of the matting comes within inches of surface if not at the surface. Pulled out a Zoom Hollow Belly Frog in Leopard tried a little top water. Got my first blow up around the 7-8th cast. Had almost a dozen more over the next 30 minutes with no luck hooking anything. But they sure were knocking it around and out of the water a couple times. Switched to a smaller Strike King KVD frog in Leopard (3 1/2", 7/8oz. v. 2 1/2", 5/8 oz.). Immediate results, the third cast blew up and fish on. Only a little cutie pie but after being sidelined so long it felt great. Continued working along the grass and lily pads for the next hour. I had probably 2 dozen blow ups but with the smaller frog I managed to hook 6 more cutie pies and 2 fun fish. Fun came to an end with the last hook up. Definitely a very nice bass. That hog rolled across the water and the buried into the grass. The miniature Jeremy was on my shoulder saying "you really need to retie...no really you should retie...stop and retie". Oh well I got my money out of that Strike King. Went back to the Zoom for another 20 minutes or so but the hook rate went to nil and the bite slowed down. Spooled up around 10 and headed home. Thank you guys for all of your reports lately. I have survived by living vicariously through your fishing reports. Be safe, keep you lines tight and have a blessed day.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been years since I had any luck on top water. Tried it again this morning with a light rain falling and didnt get a sniff. Oh well I was fishing anyway.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As a matter of fact Mr. Jeremy, I actually retied every rod I had that night. Fixin to head out and try it again in about an hour.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went back out Saturday to see if I could repeat the bite. Misty rain falling off and on and a nice ripple on the water. Had about 8 nice blow ups but only one successful hook up - a cutie pie that made a couple fun walks across the surface. Rain started picking up so I went home to watch the tournament on the net.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts