Bass Fishing Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
You'll notice some folks on this thread no longer own their aluminum boat. for many, it's a stepping stone to a bigger boat. You can get one hell of a used 18 foot fiberglass boat with a 150hp that will fit in your garage, and that handles waves better (fiberglass boats have a smoother ride) and that will go 60mph, for way less than a new aluminum. Or you can buy an aluminum, discover the shortcomings, and then buy the boat I described later. It's all about time and money; the choices you make will determine how you spend it. I would post up what I paid for the brocraft, but I better not because you'd spew your beverage onto your computer screen
This is exactly how I feel right now. Hopefully after Tuesday or Wednesday that will change and I'll be hauling a nice glass boat home.

·
Registered
927 Posts
You'll notice some folks on this thread no longer own their aluminum boat. for many, it's a stepping stone to a bigger boat.
I heard that! Bought mine cause it was all I could afford....or so I thought. Now wishing I had more after owing it for a little over a year. Great first boat for anyone just getting their feet wet. More you fish, the more you learn, and ultimately the more you want to run with the big boys and their big toys!! LOL.

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
This thread has been an eye opener for sure. The one thing I am taking away is to not be in a rush.

Ima fish out of a few more before I make up my mind. If I can fit a 18ft fiberglass boat in a suburban cookie cutter garage then I might just do that, since I know I will end up upgrading to one anyways down the line.

being boatless for a few months will suck

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I owned a 18' Lowe / 115 Johnson for about 2 months, way to small but I'm a fattie. Went to a 20' G3 /200 Yamaha , big enough but a rough ride in rough water. Kept that for 2years. Now I'm in a 20 skeeter /250 Yamaha and I love it. Glass boats just ride better and that's that. If you can wait till the right one come around I think you'll be a lot happier. It took me almost 4 months and I looked at over 25 different boats before I bought the one I have
Good luck

41 - 45 of 45 Posts