Bass Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I'm glad you started this!
I'm almost upgrade ready.
Love my 1542 War Eagle with the 20 hp for same reasons.
Want to fish Travis and Buchanan more, so torn between glass bay boat, alum deep v, or larger modv (18-20').
Also go to Galveston frequently to see family, so inshore or flats wouldn't be out of the question
This'll cover one angle for me.
Not trying to thres jack you though Blaster! Even looked at your boat as maybe a 2nd for Galveston.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Blaster mine is a little older but the sweetest thang in the world for my needs. She has been fully recarpeted this year and trimmed with aluminum stripping. Its harder loading my kayak than it is my Tracker. Sixty horses will push a lite little aluminum TRacker like a beast. Good luck on your new purchase amigo.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Looking back on it now, there is one boat that I wish I had looked a little more closely at. That boat is the G3 1756 CC (Center console). That boat would have been a little better suited for my salt water fishing yet still fit in my garage. It was comparably priced to the others and did not have carpet (which is good for salt use). I ultimately chose the bass boat layout thinking I'd do mostly bass fishing but in reality I fish for bass less than any other species I target. I also adamantly wanted the rod storage but on a 17' boat, that rod locker was pretty much useless so it sat empty most of the time. So really think about the type of fishing you do. Are you primarily a bass fisherman or do you chase multiple species? Just because you haven't fished the salt, would you ever? I didn't really know how much I'd love it until I went. I went for the first time in March of 2012 and have made about 20 trips to the coast since that time. Get one that will match what you want to do.

Gator Tough Deluxe 1756 SC / CC - Aluminum Jon Boats | G3 Boats

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I believe, as usual, John is correct. Sometimes when car/boat salesman talk about trade in, they will kinda skip over the part about if you save $325.00 in sales tax by taking 2K less for trading it in then you would get for selling it, you've actually lost $1675.00.

If you have a chance to sell it...I firmly believe you're better off doing that.

cash is king and it's one less thing to negotiate about.

That boat is sweet...I wish I was buying it. Someone is going to get a heck of a deal.
Agreed selling it yourself will bring more $. Dealers buy/take on trade cars or boats at wholesale not retail. They of course do this because they assume all resale risk . These risk involve cost such as reconditioning, marketing and paying commissions to a salesman .

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Do you guys service Varimax digital trolling motors? If so I have one needing a circuit board fix senor.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had a Tracker 175 with 60 HP 4 stroke for a while back in 2008. I likes it pretty well, it was easy to trailer and launch and the engine ran great. But, it was a bit unstable side to side and my wife hated fishing from its back seat. Also, I found the Aluminum to get really hot during summer fishing, and you could boil eggs in the live well.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I own a 2012 Pro Team 175 with the 60HP four stroke. I love this boat. Quite ride with the all welded aluminum hull. Planes out quickly and top speed with three in the boat and full of gear is around 32 MPH on GPS, not blazing, but fast enough to get you where you want to go in a reasonable timeframe. Usually get around 7MPG. Fill the tank once and can run 3-4 all day outings without having to fill up. The live well is great and keep my fish kicking all day. I launch this boat all the time solo with no problems. You can't beat this boat for the money. I'm on the lake 3 times a week and have not had a single problem with the boat. If you plan on fishing tournaments I would look at the Pro Team 190 series with the 115 HP motor (not a whole lot more money than the 175). Only regret I have, fishing tournaments is not having the speed with the 60HP to get across the lake faster and loosing fishing time. Also I think the 190 is about a foot or so longer. A 7' rod on the deck of the 175 takes up the whole deck with no room to spare, but fits nonetheless. Buy new, get the 5 year warranty, upgrade the electronics, and you have an all around great bass boat. Also the four stroke is very dependable and low maintenance. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
A friend of mine that I fish with, just bought a new 175 TXW with a 60HP from Tracker Marine about 3 months ago and LOVES it. It runs great, has plenty of room for 3 people and is VERY stable. I think he would highly recommend it and
definately you should check em out at Tracker Marine on 183 (Gary Pender) He fished with 3 in his boat for crappie on Georgetown until about midnight last night and they had lots of room. Usually we fish for large mouth but they wanted to try out the Dead Sea for crappie after dark. Haven't heard how they did yet. I fished with them until dark and only caught 2 LMB, but it was a good day on the water.
cjt.png me.jpg

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
^ looks like a good time and that tracker sure is sexxxy

loving the reports on the 60 ELPT also

Reactions: JayRBV

·
Registered
736 Posts
I love my Tracker. I have an 04 PT175 with the 50 horse. I've done a bunch of upgrades to it in the last few months. New HDS 7 on the console,comfort troll trolling motor pedal tray,24v minkkota edge 70# trolling motor. The only thing I don't like is the side to side stability. For that reason I have been looking at a bigger glass boat or a Ranger RT 188. Mine might be for sale before too long.

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
I saw Johnny Dallas in a nice new Bass Tracker this morning on Ray Roberts. 60 hp 4 stoke, looked nice. He had a sweet Lake Fork Tackle Jersey and some awesome matching pants to go along with an Alabama rig and his flat billed cap. It became quite amusing to watch him throw an 8 armed AL Rig in 3 feet of water and hang it up every other cast. #JohnnyDallas

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I love my Tracker. I have an 04 PT175 with the 50 horse. I've done a bunch of upgrades to it in the last few months. New HDS 7 on the console,comfort troll trolling motor pedal tray,24v minkkota edge 70# trolling motor. The only thing I don't like is the side to side stability. For that reason I have been looking at a bigger glass boat or a Ranger RT 188. Mine might be for sale before too long.
I went and checked the RT188s out at Cabelas yday and wow what a sweet sweet boat!

I've narrowed it down to RT188, G3 Eagle 175 and Tracker PT175

Going to keep on researching but I'm pretty sure it'll be between these 3 unless I go nuts and get fiberglass

·
Registered
564 Posts
Take a look at the Xpress H17 Pro.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3.

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Actually the ranger one I was looking at was the 178 series with the 60 elpt. the 188 had a 110 evi i think which is too much

Figured i'd get the 178 and dump 3-4 k in upgrades. Rather have a loaded 17 footer than a bare bones 18fter

http://www.rangeraluminum.com/model.cfm?sid=7039

plus some nice graphs, stronger trolling motor and a powerpole Im thinkin

·
Registered
468 Posts
I bought my Pro Team 175 TXW new in '08 and love it. This is the first boat I've owned and my next one, provided I get a bigger garage when that time comes, will be the Pro Team 190 TX. I have the 4 stroke 75hp motor with I don't think is offered anymore for some reason. I fishes well, tows well, loads easy by myself, I can sling the kids around in the 2 person tube all day and I've had 0 issues with the boat as of yet(knocking on wood). Just one minor issue with the motor once it was figured out what it was. I've looked at several different models and makes of aluminum bass boats but have always leaned towards Bass Tracker. Plus you just can't beat the service from Gary and the guys and gals at Tracker.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Launch Solo

You can launch a 21 ft VESSEL solo as well, more room to party.

I usually end up launching my Reata solo, whether there are people with me or not. I dont know that the size makes a huge difference it is more a matter of having a good dock to tie up to while you park the truck.

Matt

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
You'll notice some folks on this thread no longer own their aluminum boat. for many, it's a stepping stone to a bigger boat. You can get one hell of a used 18 foot fiberglass boat with a 150hp that will fit in your garage, and that handles waves better (fiberglass boats have a smoother ride) and that will go 60mph, for way less than a new aluminum. Or you can buy an aluminum, discover the shortcomings, and then buy the boat I described later. It's all about time and money; the choices you make will determine how you spend it. I would post up what I paid for the brocraft, but I better not because you'd spew your beverage onto your computer screen

21 - 40 of 45 Posts