Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Momma had to work this morning so I arranged to meet my son-in-law and step son over in Cedar Park to fish along with one of the grandsons. We were supposed to meet at 8 (that apparently is early morning for them) so of course I was on the first pond at 6:30. Worked a frog along the edge of some grasses and lily pads and got several blow ups but only one LMB ~ 1lb. Switched to deadsticking a senko and landed 3 more dinks before it was time to meet the crew. Moved over to the next pond to meet them. I guess I missed the notice that we had moved to MST so I had another hour to myself before everyone showed up. We worked this pond for another 20 minutes but no solid bites and no fish. Moved down Lakeline Blvd. to our next pond. SIL and I each caught a respectable LMB here on chartreuse and black spinners. On to the next park. And on again. For the most part all of the waters were clear but the recent rains had raised the levels into fresh grass on all of these. No one caught anything at the next two ponds and then we hit Brushy Creek. Lots of hits on the senko but nothing solid. We wrapped up at a big pond by 1431. Grandson and his dad switched to nightcrawlers and quickly caught a couple large brim. Nothing else to show for the day and we called it quits at 1:30. Oh yeah, grandson snagged something at the third pond (not something live) and managed to break the rod I got him for his birthday while trying to free his hook. Not a great day but at least I was casting. Be safe, keep your lines tight and have a blessed day.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was. Got a little hotter than I expected but we had fun - well other than snapping a rod in half.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts