Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buch has a wall of water headed its way from the stream reports. Depending on how much they let out it should fill.
That is what I figured, they would be releasing to ease that and god forbid any more rain that we have coming our way. On a positive note, some of the grass carp might get flushed into LB and ruin it as well.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
yep the will and get twice as big

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
According to the fine folks managing Lcra and lake Buchanan they want to keep it a 1018 temporarily while they are doing work. That is short for screw you people we are sending water down to the rice farmers just because we can. I guess they need a lot of it right about now.

My ??? WTF were you doing when the lake was so low for so long. I guess they could not do the work then because there thumb was up the ass.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hope the Asian carp find there way down to the rice farms to eat... No need for them to stay here in Austin.

Now this would be JUSTICE

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
My ??? WTF were you doing when the lake was so low for so long. I guess they could not do the work then because there thumb was up the ass.
Oh Hell, they were too busy lengthening all the boat ramps that were out of the water to do Gate Maintenance. Didn't you notice?

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
According to the fine folks managing Lcra and lake Buchanan they want to keep it a 1018 temporarily while they are doing work. That is short for screw you people we are sending water down to the rice farmers just because we can. I guess they need a lot of it right about now.

And just think it took only 4 yrs to build the entire damn.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I wonder if the grass carp that wash into LBL are still protected or do they become trash fish at that point? And some will certainly get into the Colorado downstream, would they not?

·
Registered
96 Posts
New member here. Unknown if they monsters are protected, but I had a run-in with one a few weeks back just under the Montopolis bridge. He ran his gills into the blade of my paddle, so I tried to help him out by bringing him to solid ground to further evaluate his condition. ******* bottomed out my bass scale, so I ran to the truck to grab a tape measure. 46 inches long!!! I would guess him to be around 40 pounds. Dried him off real good, then set him back in the water to become part of the food chain. The grass carp are indeed in the lower Colorado...hoping they wash into Matagorda to fatten up the sharks.

·
Registered
724 Posts
They have been working on the gates for a couple of years now. They are not done yet. They have a large amount of equipment below the spillway, similar to any other construction job, offices, etc. This time it's justified. Just sayin.
As for the carp. If there is a Triplaid Carp permit in effect you must release the fish unharmed, If there is not you must remove it's intestines immediately upon catching it. So yes you can and must kill them if caught below Lake Austin.

·
Registered
724 Posts
As for being full. It depends on the time of year. Buch has two full marks. 1018 or 1020 depending on the time of year. Summer season starts May 1 and it is considered full at 1018. So it is technically 2' low at this moment but will be considered full at its current level come May 1. Also it took 8 years plus to complete the dam.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
As for being full. It depends on the time of year. Buch has two full marks. 1018 or 1020 depending on the time of year. Summer season starts May 1 and it is considered full at 1018. So it is technically 2' low at this moment but will be considered full at its current level come May 1. Also it took 8 years plus to complete the dam.
Technically yes iit took 8 yrs start to finish, However work on the damn was suspended for 3-4 yrs due financing and funding. So actual construction time was 4-5 yrs.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts